Heath was a pioneer of abstraction in post-war Britain and, in the early 1950s, associated with Victor Pasmore, Mary and kenneth Martin and Anthony Hill. As such he became the main link between the emerging St Ives School and British Constructivism. The three exhibitions of art held in his studio in Fitzroy Street have become legendary in the history of post-war British modernism. He exhibited at the Musée Carcassone in 1948, and at the Redfern Gallery, London, from 1953, together with other galleries in London. His work is in the collections of the Tate Gallery and the Hirshhorn Museum, Washington DC.